Procedure and locations about VAT Refund for Tourists that visitors should know.
Visitors who are eligible for a VAT refund
For contact details of the VAT Refund for Tourists Office, please go to
Main reasons for VAT Refund rejections:
- Visitors purchased goods less than 2,000 baht (VAT included)
from each store per day
- The VAT Refund Application for Tourists (P.P.10)
is not issued on the purchase date.
- The original tax invoice is not enclosed with the P.P.10.
- Name and passport number stated in the tax invoice attached to the P.P.10
does not belong to the claimant.
- Visitors didn’t take the goods out of Thailand within 60 days
from the purchase date (the purchase date is counted as the first day).
- Visitors didn’t depart Thailand from an international airport.
- Visitors didn’t take the goods and P.P.10 to the Customs Office
for an inspection and stamp.
- Visitors didn’t take the luxury goods to be re-inspected at
the VAT Refund for Tourists Office, located behind immigration checkpoint.
- Visitors didn’t shop at a store registered in the VAT Refund for Tourists (VRT) System.
- Claimants are on duty as airline crews when they depart Thailand.
For more information, go to www.vrtweb.rd.go.th
Select Tax Knowledge > Other Taxes Knowledge > VRT (VAT Refund) or www.vrtweb.rd.go.th select VAT Refund for Tourists
For further information, please contact: Revenue Department 90 Soi Phaholyothin 7, Phaholyothin Road, Phayathai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400 RD Intelligence Center 1161
For more information, please contact: Suvarnabhumi Airport Passenger Control Customs Office Bangphli District, Samut Prakan 10540 Tel: +66 2134 0401 or+66 2667 7000 ext. 25-3106 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Was this article helpful?