All foreigners arriving in and departing Thailand must go through immigration formalities for the purpose of national security, in order to prevent inadmissible persons or personae non gratae from entering or exiting the Kingdom.
On this page
Immigration Formalities at First Port of Arrival
Procedures (takes around 45-50 seconds/person)
- Present passport or travel document together with boarding pass
- Inspect the documents, record travel information, and stamp entry permission according to types of passport’s nationality or visa.
- Return passport to traveller
Immigration Formalities for Sick Passenger
(Takes around 10 minutes) In case the airline reports there is an sick passenger onboard.
- 904 Chaengwattana Road., Muang Thong Thani, Banmai, Pakkret, Nonthaburi 11120
- Mondays – Fridays: 08:60 – 16:30 hrs.
- +66 2-572-8500
Immigration checkpoint location
- Don Mueang International Airport
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Chiangmai International Airport
- Mae Fah Luang Chiang-Rai International Airport
- Phuket International Airport
- Hat Yai International Airport
Link to Airports of Thailand www.airportthai.co.th
Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days
Visitors are permitted to temporarily stay in Thailand. If they stay over 90 days, they must notify Immigration Office every 90 days or notify Immigration Checkpoint in their local areas as mandated in Section 37(5) of the Immigration Act B.E.2522 (A.D.1979).
- Notifying in person
- Assigning another person to notify on their behalf
- Notifying by registered mail
- Notifying online
Visitors with following cases cannot do 90-day notification online
- Doing the first 90-day notification
- Having a new passport
In the above cases, visitors must notify Immigration Office in their local areas in person or assign another person to do so on their behalf. The next notification can be done online.
How to Use The Premium Lane / Priority Lane at the International Airport
Premium Lane, Priority Lane, or Fast Track Lane is a special lane service of the Immigration Office to assist passengers who require special legal assistance, e.g., diplomatic staff, crew, or persons who require special assistance such as people with disabilities and holders of Premium Lane or Fast Track Lane tickets and first or business class tickets.
Documents for the Premium Lane service:
First Class or Business Class Tickets
Premium Lane or Fast Track tickets with flight No. and the passenger’s name on the boarding pass that matches the passport.
How to Apply for Premium Lane Service
Foreigners who wish to use a special channel to travel in and out of Thailand can apply for a special channel service at the “Office of the Board of Investment (BOI)“. The applicant must have the following qualifications:
1. A BOI promoted company
2. A foreign investor and family who work in management position from Manager level and above