Identify what travellers arriving at the airport can bring with them as personal belongings and what items need to be declared or are prohibited, restricted or dutiable; along with basic procedures travellers should be aware of.
Arrival luggage check at Nothing to Declare aisle (Nothing to declare)
‘Nothing to declare’ means passengers arriving in the Kingdom have no dutiable, prohibited, or restricted goods in their possession. In this case, they can proceed through the Green Aisle. Goods exempted from Customs duty are as follows:
- Personal belongings in appropriate amount, worth no more than 20,000 Baht in total, and are not prohibited or restricted goods or food supplies.
- Cigarettes not more than 200 rolls or tobacco not more than 250 grams, or total weight of all cigarettes and tobacco combined not more than 250 grams.
- Alcoholic beverage not more than 1 litre.
- If the amount of cigarettes, tobacco, or alcoholic beverage exceeds the limit, please drop them in the box provided by Thai Customs to avoid prosecution.
Arrival luggage check at Goods to Declare aisle (Goods to declare)
Goods prohibited / restricted from importing into the Kingdom
goods restricted from importing and exporting by law, therefore, require a permit from related government agencies. Such permits need to be presented during Customs formality.
- Buddha images, artifacts, antiques – Issued authority by the Fine Arts Department http://nsw.finearts.go.th
- Guns, bullets, explosives, and those equivalent to guns – Issued authority by Department of Provincial Administration, Ministry of Interior www.dopa.go.th
- Plants and their parts – Issued authority by Department of Agriculture www.doa.go.th
- Living animals and carcass – Issued authority by Department of Livestock Development www.dld.go.th
- Food, medicine, cosmetics and food supplement – Issued authority by Food and Drug Administration (FDA)www.fda.moph.go.th
- Vehicle parts – Issued authority by Ministry of Industry www.industry.go.th
- Cigarettes, tobacco, and alcoholic beverages – Issued authority by Excise Department www.excise.go.th
- Communication/radio devices and telecommunications equipment – Issued authority by Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) www.nbtc.go.th
Was this article helpful?