Nowadays, importing goods is not as difficult as you think if we know how to calculate the customs tariffs. We, therefore, provide some helpful information for your reference:
What is the HS CODE? (Harmonized System Code)
- International product classification system.
- Each code represents the meaning of each type of product.
- HS CODE is used to indentify the international import/export tax rate.
- All the products are classified into 21 sections and 97 chapters.
How to read the HS Code?
- The tariff number has 11 digits.
- The World Customs Organization (WCO) determines the first six digits.
- The next two digits represent the ASEAN Customs Tariff (CEPT Code).
- The last three digits are the statistical codes defined by each country.
How important is the HS Code?
- HS Code is used to set the inbound/outbound tax rate.
- Knowing the correct HS CODE will enable you to know the type/category of the product for tax calculations and be able to apply for FTA tax privileges.
- HS Code is Used to calculate taxes and costs to prevent trade losses.
You can find the interpretation of customs tariffs for each type of good here: http://tariffeservice.customs.go.th/ITRF/
For Customs Tariff Service, click here
Was this article helpful?