Everything you need to know about VAT Refund for tourist and information service channels that are published in Thai, English and Chinese language.
Here are a few key points to keep in mind…
Visitors who are eligible for a VAT refund
- Those who are not Thai nationality
- Those who have not a domicile in Thailand.
- Those who are not an airline crew member departing Thailand on duty.
- Depart Thailand from an international airport.
- Purchase goods from stores displaying a “VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS” sign.
- Present the goods and VAT Refund Application for Tourist Form (P.P.10) and original tax invoices to the Customs officer before check-in at the airline counter on the departure date.
Goods eligible for VAT Refund for Tourists
- Must be goods, not services
- Goods must be purchased from stores displaying the “VAT REFUND FOR TOURISTS” sign.
- Goods must be taken out of Thailand with the traveller within 60 days from the date of purchase.
- Goods must not fall under prohibited items, such as gemstones, firearms, or explosives.
- Must present purchased items to a Customs officer for inspection at an international airport.
- In case of luxury goods (jewelry, gold, ornaments, watches, eyeglasses, pen, mobile or smart phone, laptop and tablet, handbag, belt of which the value is 10,000 baht or more per item and carry-on goods which the value is 50,000 baht or more per item.) the visitor is required to hand carry and show the goods again at the VAT Refund for Tourists Office, after passing the Immigration Checkpoint.
Places to submit VAT Refund for Tourist documents
- VAT Refund for Tourists (VRT) office at international airports
- Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Don Mueang International Airport
- Chiangmai International Airport
- Phuket International Airport
- Hat Yai International Airport
- U-Tapao International Airport
- Samui International Airport
- Surat Thani International Airport
- Mae Fah Luang Chiang-Rai International Airport
- Drop the documents into the box in front of the VAT Refund for Tourists Office at any international airport, or
- Mail the documents to the VAT Refund for Tourists Office, Revenue Department of Thailand, 90 Soi Phaholyothin 7, Phaholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400
Read more about VAT Refund for Tourists visit www.thaimiceoss.com/taxes/vat-refund-for-tourist/
Was this article helpful?