This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for specific purposes, such as to conduct business or to work (Category “B”).
- The validity of visa is 3 months for a single entry
- The validity of visa is 1 year for multiple entries
- Visa fee is 2,000 Baht (Single Entry) and 5,000 Baht (Multiple Entries)
- Period of stay per visit not exceeding 90 days
- Must have sufficient fund (at least 20,000 Baht per person or at least 40,000 Baht per family)
Accompanying documents for consideration
- Once the Royal Thai Embassy/Thai Consulate has issued a Non-Immigrant Visa “B”, the applicant should contact the Foreign Workers Administration Office upon arrival in Thailand to apply for a Work Permit. When the Work Permit is obtained, applicant can start working.
- In case of applicant working and residing in Thailand for 1 year, employer will have to file a request to the Immigration Office for approval. When the request has been granted, Immigration Bureau will notify Royal Thai Embassy/Thai Consulate through Ministry of Foreign Affairs to issue a Non-Immigrant Visa, Category “B-A”
Extension of stay in Thailand
Foreigners meeting the qualification requirements and conditions set by Immigration Bureau can obtain an additional one year stay permit. Such foreigners can file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government Centre B, Chaengwattana Road, Bangkok Tel. +66 2141 9889 (or at website www.immigration.go.th). The approval of such request is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.